Some members might see an error message when attempting to use the view/download buttons for the magazine pdfs.
If you see an error message, it likely means one of these 3 things:
- Your device is trying to open the issue in a separate window. Resolutions for that given below.
- You need to refresh your device's cache so it can read the newest version of our site. See instructions below.
- An extension in your browser may be misbehaving,
- Or you have other security settings on your browser.
1. Resolutions if your device is trying to open the issue in an "incognito" or "private" window.
This will not allow you to open it, as only logged-in members can use the links.
On a Mac computer, hold the Control key and then click the "Full PDF' or "Print-Friendly" button, and choose "Open Link in New Tab".
Windows computers would use the right click on one of those buttons.
Mobile devices vary, you can do a google search to learn more about your particular device.
OR use the information provided on the issue page to add it to your Ravelry library first, then open it from there.
Some members have found this is actually the simpler way to do it, since they are already saving it to Ravelry first for safekeeping!
Please see this article for more help about saving to Ravelry.
You can always contact us and we can send any issue you are having trouble opening directly to your Ravelry library- just ask!
2. To Refresh your cache:
3. An added extension to your browser may need to be disabled:
Helpful tidbit received from a customer: She recently installed the Adobe PDF extension in her Chrome browser and for some reason, this extension did not work with downloading larger PDFs from out site. After disabling the extension, she was able to download the files through Chrome.
4. OR you may need to use a different browser:
Another helpful solution from another member: Chrome was giving her trouble, but she then tried the Edge browser and it worked. Or another member was having trouble on Firefox so switched to Chrome and was able to download. So please try changing the browser you use and just let us know if you still need help!
If you still have trouble, providing a complete screen shot of exactly what the error looks like would help our tech guy look into this further for you!
Please see these articles for more help: