Here are some tips and tricks to using our search feature:
- Find Pattern Search by using the navigation menu located on the side of the page.
- It will open up starting off by showing ALL the patterns that we have entered into the database. There are almost 2000 of them!
- You can simply start browsing by paging through all the entries if you don't quite know what you want to look for yet. Just click the little arrows at the bottom of the page to flip to the next page of entries.
- If you know part of the name, you can enter it in that top search bar, then click the purple Search button.
- Otherwise, click Advanced Search to open more options.
- There are options to view by issue #, skill level, or weight.
Only one of those advanced search fields can be used at a time.
- For instance, type in 31 in the issue# box, then click Search, and all designs featured in HHM 31 and PPP 31 will show
- Or Choose a skill level from that dropdown box, and click Search.
- Or pick a yarn weight, and click Search.
- Our site doesn't have the capability to do "and" searches yet!
- So If you searched for issue 31 for instance, you must remove that from that field before using a yarn weight search.
- To clear out the Skill Level field, just click on "Skill Level".
- To clear out the yarn Weight field, click on Weight.
- After you have entered ONE advanced search criteria, be sure to click the purple Search button further up on the page.
- We know the Categories and Sub-categories are still a little "hinky"! We are working on getting those cleaned up! If you spot something that's not right PLEASE just let us know! We appreciate the extra eyes!
- pick a Category, then click Search
- or add a sub-category item, then search
The Search Feature on our Members Site is still a work in progress. It's quite a complicated process to build such a search engine, and we value your feedback to keep making it better. If you spot any errors or have trouble we would LOVE to hear about it so we can fix it!
While all the issues have been added to Search, there are also a number of patterns hosted directly on the Members Site that are not yet included in the Pattern Search.
This includes items in the "Junk Drawer" like the Mystery CAL and the Temperature Blankets;
And also those items in the "VIP Room" exclusively for our Lifetime Members.
So do be sure to check out those areas of the Members Site too, also using the menu at the side of the page.
AND there have been some patterns that were published in our digital issues as "articles". Those aren't in Search yet either, again, we're working on it.
It's quite a time-consuming process as each individual pattern must be entered to the database one at at a time with all the relevant pieces! Our small team is working on getting caught up as we are able, but if you need help, just ask and we will happily provide assistance!
If you can't find something, just send us an email with as complete a description as you can and we will be happy to help.
You can also easily search all of the featured patterns in our publications on Ravelry!
(Please note, there is a very small number of designs that do NOT show up on Ravelry, because it is up to each individual designer as to whether their work listed there or not.)
If you don't already have a free account at Ravelry, you can sign up right here: