Our digital publications are provided in PDF formatted files. Those PDF's are able to be saved directly to your device AND to your Ravelry library!
Please use the following instructions to view and save your digital publications to your device and/or Ravelry Library (Please see our video here!)
All of the issues included in your membership are found in "Your Library".
They are sorted onto different shelves: Happily Hooked; Pattern Pack Pro; VIP room; and Junk Drawer.
Click on one of the issues in your Issue Library to open up the issue page.
There are 2 versions of the publication provided: a full-color one with amazing design and special touches by our fabulous graphic designer, Marija; and also a simplified version which is perfect for printing pages off at home if desired.
You will see three options on the issue page:
One says Full PDF (or older buttons may say View Issue). That's where you can view and download the full PDF Version.
and the second says Print-Friendly (or maybe Print Version), which is a nice condensed Print-Friendly format including just the patterns instructions.
Click either one of those buttons and the PDF file will open up- the full version is a rather large file so it may take some time!
After the PDF is open, you can continue to view it online, but the better option is to save it to your device so you will have it even after you have disconnected from the internet! Just look for the download icon near the top right corner of the page. (It looks like an arrow pointing down.) Take note of what folder you are saving it to so you can find it again later!
If you’re using the Safari browser on a Mac, use the browser menu choice File > Save as to save the PDF to the location of your choice. For the Safari browser on an iPhone, or iPad, look for the Share icon (a rounded square with an arrow pointing up). On the iPhone, it’s in the lower-left corner, while on the iPad, it’s in the upper-right corner. Tap the icon and use the items in the list to determine where you’d like to save your magazine issue.
Some members seem to have trouble depending on their own security settings in their browser. We have found in those instances that saving to Ravelry FIRST as instructed below, then downloading from there solves that problem.
The third option on the Issue Page says "Add to Your Ravelry Library".
Here’s our biggest helpful hint: Always save your digital issues of HHM and PPP to your Ravelry library!
Keeping all your issues on Ravelry lets you safely delete them from your device when you aren’t actively reading or working from them. That’s critical for devices which have a limited memory capacity!
Second, if your device should ever stop working or gets replaced, your publications are still safe and can be accessed from any other device! Finding your Ravelry items is easy, just log in to your Ravelry account, hover over the 'my notebook' navigation link near the top right corner of the page, and click on 'library' in the dropdown menu.
Third, some members find that if they have trouble accessing the digital content on our Members Site, saving the issues to their Ravelry first and accessing them from there can work better.
Click the 'Copy' button or write down your Unique Code;
Then click where it says 'Click Here'.
Once on Ravelry, click the 'Add to Cart' button that shows under the picture of the magazine;
Click near the bottom of the next screen that say "use a coupon code";
Enter the Coupon Code you had copied into the box and be sure to click Apply and verify that the price has changed to free before clicking 'checkout now'.
Please note that the code is "case-sensitive" and must be entered exactly as shown.
Ravelry then sends an email directly with your download instructions, and you can find them right in your Ravelry account at any time.
To find your Ravelry items, log in to Ravelry,
then hover over the 'my notebook' navigation link near the top right corner of the page
and click on 'library' in the dropdown menu.
We can always happily send an issue directly to your Ravelry library if needed- just let us know your user name on Ravelry and which specific issue so we can investigate and fix any problems.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Since access to the members site is for current members only, we do absolutely recommend that those PDF files be saved to your computer and/or Ravelry library to make them “yours” forever!
- Memberships do not include automatic access to previous issues, although occasionally a special promotion includes some selected past issues with purchase of a new membership, or one may be given as a bonus.
- Members can purchase past issues of Happily Hooked Magazine and Pattern Pack Pro right on the HHM Members Site at special members-only prices. Just look for the navigation link in the menu at the side of the page. We also have an "Every Past Issue Ever" special available which include all past issues of both publications.
- If you aren't finding the newest addition to your Issue Library yet, your device may still be reading the older version stored in your cache memory.
- Please log out of your member account, then “force refresh” your web browser. This will allow your browser to re-check with the web server to get the latest copy of the web page.
- Hit the Ctrl and F5 buttons at the same time, or if you are using a Mac use Cmd + R. iPads and iPhones need to be turned off completely, then turned back on.
- This may need to be done with EACH new release or addition, as it is a function of your device's cache and not our site!
If you are still having trouble viewing or saving please see these articles for more help:
- Force Refresh Web Browser
- Trouble with the Members Site